For most online retailers, the holiday season is the busiest time of the year. Proper preparation before the holidays will ensure that you make the most out of the holiday rush. Here are ten helpful holiday sales tips to attract new customers, encourage repeat business, and boost holiday sales. Online Retailers should:
1. Make sure their holiday inventory is properly stored and ready to process. If they are using an outsourced fulfillment provider, they should send them their inventory as soon as possible.
2. Ensure their website, customer service team, and warehouse is optimized to handle the increase in volume.
3. Create their holiday promotional materials early so they are ready to go immediately when they need to.
4. Make sure their online store carries a seal of authenticity from a business agency, or a BBB rating sticker.
5. Consider offering a shipping discount or free shipping for the holidays. Most holiday buyers will be first time customers, and lowering shipping costs is critical to attracting new customers.
6. Maintain a clear return policy to avoid complications after the Holidays.
7. State Ship-by dates before each major holiday to ensure customers know what to expect.
8. Offer Holiday Gift Cards, which increase sales.
9. Celebrate the festive season by having a unique holiday design.
10. Have a mobile site ready.
Rakuten Super Logistics is a leading eCommerce order fulfillment company that provides the scalability, flexibility, and cost savings retailers demand.
Stay up to date on the latest ecommerce news and announcements